When I have time I like to “juice”. No not that type of juice, you know the vegetable, fruit kind. When I stick with it, I will attest I do see the benefits. I came across this joint juice recipe from Epicurious.com and thought I’d give it a try. It’s very good, even with the spinach and parsley added. If you want to give it a shot, here’s the recipe – enjoy and keep on running.
- 5 ounces fresh pineapple (about 1 cup or 1/8 large pineapple), peeled, cored, cut into large chunks, and chilled
- 4 ounces pear (about 1 cup or 1/2 medium pear), unpeeled, cut into large chunks and chilled
- 2 cups (packed) spinach with stems (about 4 ounces), chilled
- 1 (2-ounce) bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley with stems, chilled
- 1/2 medium carrot, peeled and chilled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (from 1/2 small grapefruit), chilled
- electric juice extractor or heavy-duty juicer that can process stems, skin, and seeds