Tried this recipe yesterday. The variations are endless. This version is meat-less and I didn’t cut them in half:) The recipe is from allrecipes.com – enjoy!
Stuffed Peppers My Way
1 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked Arborio rice (I cooked rice in my cooker – worked fine)
2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded (used orange)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt (used half of this – the feta is salty)
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 tomato, diced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a baking sheet
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.(I used the rice from the cooker)
3. Place the peppers cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Roast 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender and skin starts to brown. (I like my veggies a little crisp so 20 minutes would have been sufficient).
4. While the peppers are roasting, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomato, and cook for 5 minutes. Spoon in the cooked rice and stir until heated through. Remove from heat, mix in the feta cheese, and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves.
5. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.